SUP and Soda
Enjoy the stunning beauty of Strangford Lough as you paddle from Whiterock to Ballymoran. Strangford Lough Activity Centre created this unique & socially distanced event just for you! See the seals, hear the history, before stepping into the warmth of Tracey’s Farmhouse Kitchen to enjoy freshly griddled soda bread, egg and sausage. (Vegetarian options available)
After a scrumptious and locally sourced lunch around my kitchen table, you’ll return to the paddleboard and head back to Whiterock.
This experience promises to ensure you completely switch off and immerse yourself in the beauty of Strangford Lough and you burn off the calories on your way home.
This experience will follow all COVID 19 social distancing guidelines.
Meet at the Green Boat Shed – Whiterock, your instructor will brief you on the basics of paddle boarding before you go afloat. After mastering the technique we will undertake a journey across the bay to Tracey’s Farmhouse kitchen for some home made filled soda, coffee & tea.
- 2hrs SUP Tuition & Tour
- Paddle Boards, Paddle & Leash
- Wetsuit and buoyancy aid
- Tea, Coffee & Homemade soda
What to bring:
- Wear swimwear under your clothes
- Towel & old trainers/water shoes
- Hat & Sun protection (here’s hoping!)
Min age: 12 (under 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult)
Date: Sunday 22nd August
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Join me in my Farmhouse kitchen on the shores of Strangford Lough, 30 minutes from Belfast and in an area of outstanding natural beauty in County Down. You will be warmly welcomed to my home where a yummy lunch awaits!
- Morning / afternoon tea and coffee with homemade treats to start with.
- Bread making session – you will make three traditional breads.
- Coffee / tea again with tasting of the breads just freshly made and accompanied by homemade jams, hand rolled butters etc.
- You will take home a big bag of your freshly made breads along with a copy of all recipes used in the experience.
Duration: 2.5 hours – a morning or an afternoon.
Min numbers: 6
Max numbers: 20