Spend some quality time with your kids and bake some delicious treats
My Bread Making Experience is also suitable for children.
Cooking and baking with your little ones it’s a fun way to introduce them new ingredients and encourages them to explore unknown tastes, smells or textures.
Rolling out dough with a rolling pin – or flattening dough with the hands – is a great way for kids to practice their coordination skills. Also, by following a recipe’s instruction (written or verbal), they can boost their sequencing skills.
Baking is also a fun way to introduce them new ingredients and more importantly it is a great way to spend some quality time with them!
Baking (and cooking in general) provides the opportunity to “get messy and creative” and my traditional baking experience is a great way to pass on Northern Irish food traditions from generation to generation with a hands-on approach in the kitchen.
The baking experience is an “active”, “hands on” experience:
– my bread does not contain yeast so there is no “waiting around” for the bread to raise
– I don’t use the oven: my bread is cooked on griddles
Did you know?
Research has shown links between learning cooking skills at a young age and a positve dietary pattern in adulthood. My baking experience is a great way to start developing an interest in eating healthy and getting knowledgeable about the food chain process: from raw material to cooked dishes.
What is included in the experience?
- Experience available for a group of 7 or more
- Kids under 13 years are £ 25 and adults are £45 (one adult per 3 kids)
- Four farls of soda bread to take home
- Four farls of wheaten bread to take home
- Four potato bread
- Food and drinks throughout the session
- Tools and Aprons are supplied
Enquire directly to arrange a date!